Sunday, July 18, 2010

Memphis and Little Rock

We decided not to wake up early and drive since we were not in much of a rush to get anywhere. All we had planned was going to Memphis to go to a Man vs. Food restaurant and then head to Little Rock or Hot Springs and spend the night there. We got to Memphis and it was a cool town. The blues are all over the place there. We went to the Charlie Vergos Rendezvous restaurant. It is famous for their BBQ ribs. Charles and I enjoyed them but we both decided that we have had better ribs. After we ate, we went to Beale St. which was alot of fun! The street is closed down and there are all bars that play blues and music. We just walked up and down the street because we were going to get back on the road and head to Arkansas. As we were driving, we decided to call hotels to make a reservation for the night. I called about 10 places and they said they were all booked. Charles then said maybe there is something going on, why don't you ask. So the next place I saw, which was booked, said that the Miss Arkansas final night was tonight. So I was so excited because I love Miss America pageants but I was mad because we could not find a hotel. I think by the end, I had called 20 hotels. I did not want to venture to calling Motels. So we decided to say like 30 minutes outside of Hot Springs. It worked out well. After about the 10th hotel, Charles said why don't we use an accent when you call. I guess just to add some fun to the boring calls. I could not hold an accent while Charles was very entertaining to listen to. Our trip is almost over at this point! The windshield is gross from all the bugs!

No comments: